Growing up, hot dogs and hamburgers were staples in my summer diet. But it wasn’t until I discovered the art of grilling on the Blackstone Griddle that my entire perspective on hot dogs changed. It was like a scene from the movie ‘Limitless’ where suddenly everything became clear. In the words of the protagonist, “I was blind, but now I see.”
Now, before you dismiss this as just another hot dog recipe, hear me out. This isn’t your ordinary cookout fare. This is a recipe that has the potential to elevate your culinary experience to a whole new level. So, let’s dive into the secrets of grilling the perfect hot dog on the Blackstone Griddle.
To get started, all you need are a few simple ingredients:
- Nathan’s skinless beef franks (or any high-quality hot dogs of your choice)
- Olive oil
- Granulated garlic
- Black pepper
- Your favorite toppings
- Preheat your 17″ Tabletop Blackstone Griddle to medium/medium-low heat.
- Once the griddle surface is hot, lightly coat it with olive oil.
- Place the hot dogs on the griddle.
- Use a squirt bottle to drizzle some olive oil over the hot dogs.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of granulated garlic and black pepper on top.
- After a few moments, flip the hot dogs and repeat the olive oil, garlic, and black pepper coating on the other side.
- Continue turning the hot dogs every 35-40 seconds until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the hot dogs from the griddle and serve them in buns with your favorite toppings.
It’s as simple as that. A few tweaks, like using olive oil, granulated garlic, and black pepper, can transform an ordinary hot dog into a flavor explosion for your taste buds.
A Culinary Revelation
The first time I tried grilling hot dogs this way, I decided to go all out and make my personal homemade chili recipe to go along with them. The result? Mind-blowing. I had never experienced such a delicious hot dog before in my entire life. It was a game-changer. These were not just hot dogs; they were “hot damn!” dogs.
If you give this method a try, I’d love to hear your thoughts. And while I’m confident that the Blackstone Griddle provides the best results, you can also experiment with charcoal, gas, or pellet grills. Just remember the secret ingredients: olive oil, granulated garlic, and black pepper.
I owe a special thanks to Todd Toven, America’s Griddler, for this exceptional idea. Now, I can’t imagine making hot dogs any other way for the rest of my life. But hey, I’m always up for embarking on new flavor journeys.
So, next time you fire up the grill, remember the power of olive oil, granulated garlic, and black pepper. Your taste buds will thank you.